Canadian Xpress® has adopted the Canadian
government's privacy legislation, the
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
which came into effect on January 1st,
2004 as the basis for our own Canadian Xpress®
the collection, use and disclosure of our Pilots'
This page informs you about our privacy practices
so that you to understand how and for what purposes
we collect personal information about our Pilots.
By registering as a Canadian Xpress® pilot,
you give your consent to Canadian Xpress®
to collect, use and disclose your personal information
as indicated below. The following is a brief summary
of our privacy practices.
|When you visit our web site, we will:
- Collect personally identifiable and demographic information about you that allows us to confirm your real identity;
- Send you service announcements notifying you of any new updates to our web site, events, etc. We may use your alternate E-mail address and home address to ensure that you receive important information about your account or information you have requested;
- Bundle information to better design our web site and to share with our partners. This aggregate information cannot be used to learn anything about any particular individual;
- In conjunction with regular contests held at Canadian Xpress®, we may disclose pilots' personal information to our contest sponsors (if Canadian Xpress® is not the sole sponsor of the contest) responsible for awarding/delivering contest prizes. Any such disclosure is made on a confidential basis with the pilot's express consent and only the information required to award the winning prizes is disclosed;
- Canadian Xpress® will publish the full name and callsign of any pilot who is a winner in any of our contests on (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter and other flight simulator related forms of media;
- Canadian Xpress® will transmit the information contained in our flight logs including the pilot's full name and callsign to virtual airline directories including (but not limited to) VA Central that use this information to rate virtual airlines;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. For example, we may collect information in response to a court order, or to satisfy a request by Canadian Law Enforcement agencies;
- Pilot information may be shared among Canadian Xpress® Management Team Members to help us to better serve our pilots and to provide them with services which combine services from different parts of our organization;
- Upon account closure we will remove all your personal data including your e-mail address and remove you from any Canadian Xpress®-owned mailing lists;
- However, if you have take a Canadian Xpress® VATSIM Pilot Rating exam, we are required to keep your name, VATSIM CID and exam results in our database as part of our VATSIM ATO (Authorized Training Organization) agreement with the VATSIM network.
|When you visit our web site, we will not:
- Send you unsolicited e-mail (spam);
- Share your personal information or demographic data unless, we believe, in good faith, that such release is necessary to comply with the law or protect the rights, property, or safety of Canadian Xpress®, our users, or the public;
- Share any personal information such as (but not limited to) e-mail addresses, etc. with outside parties that is not already publically available in the VATSIM Statistics Center, VATSpy, etc.;
- Knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16;
- Materially change how we use your personally identifiable information without placing a prominent notice on our web site first.
|General Information Collected
- When visiting our site, some general information is collected including IP address, operating system, browser software, and Internet Service Provider;
- The information we collect is aggregated to reflect the population as a whole rather than focused on individuals. We use it to help us better understand the people who visit our web site. In addition, we may disclose some of this aggregate information to advertisers to inform them of the number of people who have seen and clicked on their advertisements.