|Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline®
Canadian Xpress® is a Canadian based virtual airline that officially launched on September 4th 2009 and has adopted a free flying policy which means that you are permitted to fly any Canadian Xpress® aircraft that is available for your rank, on any route, at any time.
We support flights on both the VATSIM & IVAO networks and use FSAcars to automatically log flights in order to save you the hassle of manually filing your flight reports.
The Canadian Xpress® fleet consists of a wide range of freeware aircraft (FS9 & FSX) with custom liveries, panels, sounds & flight dynamics that fly as realistically possible (within the constraints of Microsoft Flight Simulator). For every freeware aircraft in our fleet, the Canadian Xpress® livery is available for the most popular payware models.
Canadian Xpress® is a
VATSIM Authorized Training Orgranization
which authorizes us to train, evaluate and issue VATSIM
pilot ratings to our pilots. Whether you are new pilot
just starting your virtual pilot career and need help
getting started or are a seasoned pilot that needs
help flying the latest payware aircraft, our online
training courses can help.
Pilot participation is the key at Canadian Xpress®
and we encourage this by hosting
over 100 events per year including
our Monthly Fly-In, VFRiday, Bush League
Sunday and our Monthly Photo Contest.
We also have our Monthly Challenge, that is
a mission based challenge. Pilots get to test their
skills in flying a given scenario. The winner of this
challenge gets a month’s worth of bragging rights
in addition to bonus hours added to their flight log,
our Monthly Challenge Award as well as other
prizes that vary from month to month. More information
regarding our events can be found by visiting the
Other features available to Canadian Xpress®
that are worth mentionning include:
- Flight Tracker: To track your flights and see who else is flying and on what network;
- Fuel Calculator: Calculate the fuel requirements including reserves, alternate, etc. and flight duration for any CXA aircraft;
- Route Database: Easily find a flight plan for any route that has been previously flown by a CXA pilot;
- CXA Squawkbox Model Set: See other CXA pilots in our livery when flying on VATSIM;
- Awards Program: To highlight the accomplishments of those pilots who are very active within our organization;
- Help Section: Tips & tricks to get the most out of your flight simulation experience;
- Pilots Forum: Discussions regarding aviation, troubleshooting, photo gallery, video gallery, etc.;
- Add-On Scenery: Custom easy to install add-on scenery (FSX) available exclusively to CXA pilots;
- Shockwave 3D Lights Redux™ Retrofits configurations files for all aircraft in our fleet;
- Training Section: Features Online Training & tutorials on flight procedures, etc.;
- VATSIM ATO: We are a VATSIM Authorized Training Orgranization which authorizes us to able to train, evaluate and issue P1 ratings to our pilots.
- TeamSpeak 3 Channel: Great for getting to know other CXA pilots and adds to the enjoyment of group flights, etc.;
- Facebook Page: Visit us on Facebook for announcements on major news and events;
- Twitter: Follow us on Twitter and keep up to date on what is new at Canadian Xpress®;
- YouTube Channel: Featuring various CXA videos;
- Special Offers: Discounts on add-ons exclusively for CXA pilots;
- And much, much more...
Canadian Xpress® is more than just a virtual airline. We are community of flight enthusiasts who have a passion for all that has to do with aviation & flight simulation.
For more information on all these features, how Canadian Xpress® operates and what you can do to get the most out of Canadian Xpress®, please download the Pilots Handbook that is available via the Help menu.